Another Punch To Censor Board with 'Lipstick Under My Burkha'

Another Punch To Censor Board with 'Lipstick Under My Burkha'


We have been watching several funny decisions of Censor board in the recent past. The number of controversies are on the rise ever since Pahlaj Nihlani taken over the responsibilities of the Chariman post of CBFC. Suggesting huge number of cuts.. refusing to certify films have become a common phenomenon. The classic example is last year's Bollywood film 'Udta Punjab', which was released after the makers approached the court. Now, the CBFC has received another embarrassing blow. The Film Certification Appellate Tribunal (FCAT) has directed the CBFC to grant an 'A' certificate to Hindi film "Lipstick Under My Burkha", which was earlier denied a certificate. 

#LipstickUnderMyBurkha


The film was dubbed by the censor board as too "lady oriented" in content and refused a certificate citing the film's sexual content.So, the filmmakers have approached appellate tribunal seeking justice. The tribunal ordered CBFC to issue 'A' certificate and also suggested the makers to voluntarily remove few objectanable scenes in the film. This has become a huge setback to CBFC now. Konkana Sen, Ratna Pathak played key roles in this film. Prakash Jha produced the film in the direction of Alankrita Srivastava. Konkana Sen is saying that this film represents the dreams of women.. their importance and felt sad that CBFC refused to certify the film.


Keywords : lipstick under my burkha movie cast, lipstick under my burkha movie heroines, lipstick under my burkha latest censor board news, lipstick under my burkha movie director, lipstick under my burkha bollywood movie heroine, lipstick under my burkha first look, lipstick under my burkha release date, lipstick under my burkha trailer

Comments